Graduate Student Research Assistant - Faculty of Education
As soon as possible – June 30, 2018
The Faculty of Education at the University of Prince Edward Island seeks a Graduate Research Assistant (RA) on site, largely daytime with some evening work, reporting primarily to the Graduate Studies Coordinator.
- Assist with the organization, promotion and collection of feedback for graduate student events and seminars (e.g., orientation, journal club, research seminars, etc.)
- Conduct research (e.g., design survey, collect responses, analyze data, and prepare reports)
- Lead student workshops on effective PowerPoint presentations, APA formatting, tips on academic writing, etc.
- Prepare and circulate notices of information and opportunities pertinent to graduate students (e.g., research funding, awards, etc.)
- Search and collate comparative information on Masters and Doctoral education programs, particularly in the Atlantic Region and Canada
- Contribute to proposal writing by the Coordinator, Graduate Studies and Director, CER
- Draft press releases for Graduate Studies and Centre for Education Research (CER)
- Other tasks and duties as emerge or are assigned
Currently enrolled in a graduate program. Priority for:
- Research experience in qualitative and quantitative methods
- Excellent writing skills including proposal preparation and/or publication experience
- Excellent office and event organizational skills
- Excellent digital, web, media skills
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.