Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering building, 324
I am the founder and principal investigator of www.morelab.org.
Robotics and Intelligent Systems
- Large-scale autonomous systems: optimization and control of multi-agent robotic systems, coordinated motion planning of dynamical systems including manipulators and mobile robots
- Human-Robot Cooperation: human safety and comfort in human-robot shared workspaces, learning and cognitive control of service robots, human-robot swarm cooperation
- Wireless Mobile Sensor Networks: co-optimization (communication-aware and mobility aware) of communication capacity, throughput, and delay in dynamic environments
- Bio-inspired robotics: swarm robotics, hierarchical robotic systems, collective decision making, swarm intelligence
- Modern artificial intelligence: intelligent building blocks, (self)-reconfigurable robots, tangible games, robotic arts
- Ambient intelligence: modular sensor networks, intelligent devices for interactive spaces, IoT applications.
- Embedded systems (biased to robotic principles): hw/sw co-design, implant healthcare devices
- Problem-Based Learning: Intercultural Problem-based Learning (PBL), PBL in engineering
I have developed and been teaching the following courses at UPEI:
- ENGN 3340 - Introduction to Mechatronics (2016, 2017)
- ENGN 4350 - Advanced Robotic Dynamics and Control (2017, 2018)
- ENGN 3380 - Real-time Embedded Systems (2018)
- ENGN 3370 - Mechatronic System Integration and Interface Design (2017)
I am always looking for motivated graduate students. Please go to open positions on my research lab website (www.morelab.org) to see proper research topics. If you are interested in joining my research lab, please email me your cover letter, CV and your samples of research works.