UPEI has established an Engineering Advisory Council to advance its goals of effectively implementing and delivering this innovative, project-based sustainable design engineering degree program in a manner that provides unprecedented opportunities for UPEI students, the university, and province.
The purpose of the UPEI Engineering Advisory Council is to:
- advise the university President and leadership team on the expectations of industry in relation to engineering professions for which UPEI is educating its students;
- assist in anticipating, responding, and adapting to the changing needs of engineering-linked industries and markets in a manner that enables the development and delivery of a highly relevant engineering program; and
- provide effective linkages with industry, government bodies, and individuals that will assist the university in meeting its goals in the context of its strategic priorities and broader issues involving academic programs, teaching, research, and professional service.
The UPEI Engineering Advisory Council consists of:
- 12-15 members who are senior leaders within industry, government, and academia.
- The Council will be co-chaired by UPEI President, Dr. Alaa Abd-El Aziz, and UPEI’s former chancellor, Mr. Bill Andrew.
Each council member will serve a two-year term. Terms may be renewed once.